The Journal of STEM Outreach is an online, open access journal published quarterly: January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. The overall goal of this publication is to provide a venue for STEM professionals and educators to publish results from their work that will be of general interest to those who develop, implement, and conduct research in the field of STEM Outreach.
- Research articles: $1000
- Programmatic articles: $1000
- Case studies: $1000
- Commentaries: $250
*Note: no submission fee is required.
Types of Papers Accepted:
- Research studies: This section of the journal is reserved for researchers who have conducted formal, in-depth research and obtained substantial qualitative or quantitative data to evaluate the impact or effectiveness of a program, relationship, event, etc. These manuscripts will be in the range of 30,000-60,000 characters with spaces or approximately 5-10 journal pages (excluding tables, figures, supplementary material, etc.).
- Program descriptions: These manuscripts are reports of studies that have not yet conducted formal, in-depth analyses of a program, but the authors believe that their work exhibits innovative educational practices that are of value to others who may wish to replicate all or parts of the program. The authors will present sufficient preliminary evaluation data to demonstrate the feasibility for and value of replication of the program. These manuscripts will be in the range of 30,000-60,000 characters with spaces or approximately 5-10 journal pages (excluding tables, figures, supplementary material).
- Case studies: Case studies provide a detailed description of a particular event, program, relationship, or partnership that may provide valuable insight and data for those in the field who are conducting similar studies or those seeking information on similar programs. These manuscripts will be in the range of 30,000-60,000 characters with spaces or approximately 5-10 journal pages (excluding tables, figures, supplementary material).
- Commentaries/Editorials: A limited number of commentaries will be accepted on topics of particular relevance to current issues. These will generally be in the range of 1-3 journal pages.
Deadlines and Publishing Dates
Manuscripts must be submitted by September 30, 2017 for publication in the January 15, 2018 issue. Manuscripts for future issues will be accepted on a rolling basis.